Friday, February 19, 2010

Bento #11 - Gado Gado Bento

I have been sick for the last couple of days and so has the boyfriend. This means no bento making as well :( However I still have one from the beginning of the week. It is in a new box! I will review it later on and show it properly! I used it for a dinner box since the boyfriend had the late shift.


In there is a dish that is called Gado Gado. Basically some veggies and other things served with sate sauce and noodles. There are green beans, corn, egg, veggie balls and bean sprouts. Some veggies are hidden under the sateh sauce.

I made it for dinner the day before and the boyfriend is a really big fan of my homemade sateh sauce so here is the recipe for it.

- 2/3 of a jar of chunky peanut butter
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 60ml water

Just mix this all well in a pan and put it on the heater on low until the peanut butter is melted and you have a nice sauce. Thats all :) It makes enough for 4 people.

3 comments:

  1. I love Gado Gado salad so I can imagine how awesome peanut sauce must be on noodles! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum ... gado-gado is one of Indonesian traditional food. I love it! Looks great in your bento :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I just had some gado-gado for lunch yesterday -- all made of leftovers! It's such a great dish for that :) That's why I like to take it in my bento as well :)

    ReplyDelete