Tuesday, January 18, 2011

#56 - Boyfriend snack bento

I had no idea what to call this bento ;) But it has mainly healthy snacks, so why not ;)

In this bento two apple muffins, slices of tangelo and a chocolate chip cookie. Lettuce baran to separate things. 

I made these apple muffins today according to a recipe that I found on LeukeLunch. Since the recipe is in Dutch, I will do a translation. Do keep in mind that this is not my recipe but from the LeukeLunch site I linked to.

These are my muffins though ;)
Apple muffins (makes 12)

2 apples, peeled and in little pieces
2 eggs, beaten
5 walnuts, chopped
1,5 cup whole wheat flour
25 grams raisins (I made them without)
1 cup olive oil
1 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
salt
3 tps cinnamon

Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees (I did 180 because I have a different oven)

Mix in one bowl the flour, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Mix in another bowl the apple, oil, sugar, raisins, nuts and eggs. Add the flour mixture and stir well. The dough will be thick. Oil the muffin tin or use silicone ones. Fill the muffin tin with dough & bake the muffins in 20 minutes.

You can add the muffins to your stash because you can keep them frozen.

Thank you, Meta, for this great recipe!



2 comments:

  1. i love every baked things you've made..i envy you, because i have no oven at all :(
    i bet these muffins taste good !! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete