Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recipe: Courgette Muffins with Feta

I went to a theme park last Sunday and since the offer for vegetarians at most theme parks, doesn't go further than fries, I baked some hearty muffins to take along. Also because we were with three vegetarians in total to enjoy it ;) I got the recipe from 500 cupcakes but added sundried tomatoes to mine. I love this book BTW, it is my cupcake and muffin bible, because the recipes never have failed me yet!


Courgette Muffins with Feta (makes 12)
- 230gr flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 125ml olive oil
- 150gr courgette, grated
- 100gr feta crumbs
- 1.5 tbsp lemon peel, grated
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- salt

Mix up all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In another bowl mix the eggs with the oil with an electric mixer. Stir the courgette, tomatoes, and lemon peel carefully through the wet mixture. Then add the dry ingredients and stir till they are mixed, but do not over mix! Spread the batter in a muffin tin with 12 muffins (or 2 of 6, like mine) and bake them for 30 minutes in a pre heated oven on 160 degrees (microwave-oven, or 175 degrees on an electric oven).

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try this one! sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting savory muffin!
    I hear you about limited vegetarian options in theme parks. Most often on family trips, I have to carry along my own food to ball parks and such.

    ReplyDelete