Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Snack Review: Lotte Kancho Love Biscuits - Chocolate

There are countless of types of biscuits with chocolate filling in the world of Japanese snacks. I like to try new brands or types because they are all slightly different and some have a better quality than others. This time I tested the Kancho Love Biscuits from the brand Lotte.


These are just round filled biscuits with basic chocolate filling. The cookie is thick and a bit off balance with the filling. I already wrote a review about the hazelnut filled biscuits from the same brand, and like those, again these cookies tasted a bit stale. That is something I didn't like at all. In my opinion these kind of cookies should be nicely crisp. Because both packages have this I have to say it is no mistake of a bad batch. Unfotunately this means that I won't buy these cookies again because there are various brands that offer the same concept in a much better quality. These are the cheapest on the Tofu Cute site with 1,20 pounds a package, but I happily pay 1,30 for the Hello Panda biscuits or even 1,80 for the koala biscuits they also sell. These are the better options if you want a good quality type of biscuit.


2 comments:

  1. I have never seen those before. Have a good week.

    PS I know you have probably been busy. Just a wee reminder that it would be great if you followed Carole's Chatter back. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go have a look now. Thanks. I am quite busy because I am preparing to go on vacation. I will be away next week :)

      Delete