Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pin It and Do It - May 2013 - Zuppa Caprese



It is time for another round of Pin It And Do It. Trish from Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity hosts this challenge once every few months and it is always a lot of fun. Please click on the link if you want to participate.

For my first pin I made a soup from Jamie Oliver. As you might know, I am quite fond of his recipes because they are pure, non nonsense and often easy enough to prepare. The actual recipe was posted on the Dutch 2x2 community. And it made it from there, so here is a link to the original pin. I tried to find this recipe in English online so I don't have to translate it back to English once again, but so far I have no luck finding it.
So here is my translation back to English, haha.


Jamie's Zuppa Caprese (serves 4)
- 1 kg mixed tomatoes (we used roma and cherries)
- 1 whole garlic, sliced horizontal
- olive oil
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 50 gr fresh basil leaves
- 1.5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 mozzarella cheese
- some good quality bread for serving.

Pre heat the oven on 200 degrees. Place all the tomatoes (whole) and the garlic in an oven dish. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil on top of the garlic. Place it in the oven for about 25 minutes until the tomatoes burst. Let it cool down a bit. Remove the garlic from their skins and blend this with all the tomatoes (including all juices in the oven dish), sun dried tomatoes, sugar, and vinegar. If it is too thick you can add some water.

Reheat the soup in a pan. Serve with some mozzarella and fresh basil in the soup, together with some good bread. Easy and tasty! Loved it!

I also made some ice cream from another pin already, but I have no decent picture of that yet, so I will save it for another time :)




1 comment: