Monday, June 24, 2013

Recipe: Sesame-poppyseed Bundt cake

I recently got myself a bundt cake pan. It took me a few weeks before I got around to actually use it. I really love how pretty your cake turns out with this pan, so I will surely use it more often :) This time I tried a bit of a non traditional recipe from a Dutch cookbook on the Arabic Kitchen that is called Arabia. This cake is a bit like scones. Not in shape or taste but the way it is served, with cream and jam. 


Sesame-poppyseed bundt cake:

- 200 gr butter, melted
- 200 gr flour
- 200 gr sugar
- 4 eggs
- 50 gr white sesame seeds
- 50 gr poppyseeds
- pinch of salt
- jam
- yoghurtkaymak (in Turkish store) OR mix together
- 400ml Turkish yoghurt
- 200 ml mascarpone
(or less because this is a lot of cream!)

Butter the bundt pan and dust with a bit of flour. Mix butter, salt and sugar together for 10 minutes. Do not take shortcuts here. It really makes a difference. Then add the eggs 1 by 1. Make sure 1 egg is totally mixed in before you add another. Sift the flour and spoon that through. Then add the seeds carefully. Scoop the batter in the pan and make sure it is evenly spread. Fill the pan for a maximum of 3/4th. Bake the cake on 1.5 hours in a pre heated oven on 150 degrees. The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean. 

Serve with the cream and jam. I served it with my homemade strawberry-rhubarb-blueberry-vanilla jam :) 





1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of bundt cakes just because of the way that they look. I especially like that yours looks a bit swirled! This sounds interesting--I don't think I've ever used sesame seeds in a cake before!

    ReplyDelete