Sunday, September 1, 2013

Vegan MoFo Introduction


This post is a part of Vegan MoFo. For more information about Vegan MoFo, visit their website.

Last year I found out about this event too late, but this year I am going to participate. I will try to make the 20 posts for the month, but because I am chronically ill, I might not be able to, but I will post 3 times a week at minimum.

I am not a vegan. Technically I am a pescetarian, but I cook mostly vegetarian and sometimes vegan. I love to experiment with vegan food, but I can't combine being full time vegan with being chronically ill because it is too time consuming for me to read every label, go to special stores and make most things from scratch all the time. Which is a shame really. I hope that in the future there will be more things in the supermarket, like vegan cheese. In the Netherlands it is a real hassle to find it, at least when you not live in one of the big 4 cities. (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague or Utrecht).

I tried to make my blog vegan friendly by adding (vegan) behind my recipes in the recipe index. Go and have a look :) If I make any mistakes in my recipes by accident, please let me know. As for this month, I don't really have a theme, but my posts will be a mix of recipes, reviews and things I still want to try, but haven't done so yet. I hope you will enjoy my posts! And of course I will be visiting participants myself. I hope to find a lot of inspiration and new (to me) vegan blogs to follow!

What are you looking forward to during Vegan MoFo?


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your illness. I'm am really excite to read what you come up with this month. It's a wonderful group of bloggers and lots of fun. This will be my fourth year doing this. Have fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for VeganMoFo! Looking forward to your posts :D And although I didn't officially join this year, I'm playing along as much as possible - starting today with a restaurant review!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you're joining vegan mofo as a pescatarian. If you really would like to try vegan cheese, you can always try veggiedeli.nl (Wilmersburger is really good). I hope you have fun with blogging this month!

    ReplyDelete