Monday, December 30, 2013

Party Food: 3 different herb butters

There are things that we buy from the store without even thinking about it. Herbal butters is one of these things. I love to serve it on some bread with my soup or on a party. But of course these are very easy to make yourself. Granted, herb butter isn't very expensive to buy and this will be a tad more expensive to make, but it is so worth it. You can make variations that you can't buy and it is much tastier. It is easy as well. I made this 3 variations from Uit Pauline's Keuken.


Clearly this is not the best picture I could have made. I made those to serve on our tapas evening with friends on x-mas eve and just took a quick shot then and there. There is a classic version, Mediterranean and a lemon butter. We doubled the recipe for this occasion because I wanted to take some to my mom's as well the next day. But normally I would just stick to the original servings that are below. These can be easily made in advance. Just place them out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving. I am going to make some again on New years eve :) I will be sharing the 3 variations, but basically you can make this with almost any fresh herbs you have at hand, or need to be used up. I changed the Mediterranean one and replaced olives for basil.

Herb butter - 3 variations: 

Classic version: 
- 125 gr butter
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt

Mediterranean version:
- 125 gr butter
- 1 glove of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp sundried tomatoes, chopped
- handful of chopped fresh basil

Lemon version: 
- 125 gr butter
- peel and juice of 1/2 lemon

For all butters. Leave the butter to soften out of the fridge. Then whisk it with a mixer to make it nice and fluffy. (beat till the butter because white.) Then just add the other ingredients and stir gently through the butter. And it is done! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment