Friday, December 27, 2013

Comfort Food: Pasta Alfredo

I just realised that I didn't blog any x-massy recipes. But that is okay, because I didn't really cook that much anyway ;) I did want to blog this gorgeous tasting recipe though before I would forget. This pasta is so comforting and creamy, without being overly heavy. I actually got 6 portions out of this recipe, and it also tastes great cold! While it may look like the average tomato pasta, the base sauce is made of bell peppers :)
I got the recipe from Damn Delicious, and that it was! I didn't actually change that much about the recipe, but I blogged it anyway, because I don't like to calculate ounces to grams every time I make my grocery list. So now I don't have to next time :)


Pasta Alfredo (serves 6)
- 350 gr linguine (I used spaghetti)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 0.5 cup milk
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 115 gr goats cheese (I used feta), crumbled
- 0.5 cup grated parmesan
- 1 jar (about 350 gr) roasted red peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste

Cook the pasta and drain well. Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat and add garlic and onion. Stir for about 2-3 minutes. Stir in cream, milk and both cheeses until the cheese has melted (about 2 minutes). Add red peppers and puree the sauce with an immersion blender. Combine with the pasta and season with salt and pepper, to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment