Saturday, January 4, 2014

Party Food: Snowball Truffles

Today I want to share a tasty and easy recipe to make truffles. I made these on new years eve as a snack and people really enjoyed them. I know that I am late to the party because now the festivities are over, everyone is into diet mode ;) But I am not going to wait a whole year to share these ;) They are again really easy to make, most of my recipes are. The rolling part does take some time. But I just did that sitting on the couch and rolling on the coffee table, so that was quite relaxed. I do think I am hooked on these little things, and I already looked on Pinterest for more flavour combinations. I do plan to make things like these more often for get togethers :) And share the calories with all my friends! ;)
For these I used a recipe from Femme Magazine, that I will translate from Dutch. I also made a variation with colored sprinkles, for the people who are not that fond of coconut, and called these Firework balls :) Oh and the best part about these candies? They are very low budget to make :D


Snowball Truffles (makes about 30)
- 300 gr white chocolate
- 80 ml heavy cream
- grated coconut (or other coating such as colored sprinkles)

Place a pan of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Place a heat resistant bowl on top of the pan. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water (au bain-marie). Break the white chocolate in little pieces and let it melt. Make sure you keep an close eye on it. Meanwhile heat the cream in a pan, but don't let it boil. When chocolate is melted, remove both from the stove.

Mix the cream and the chocolate well. Now leave the mixture to cool for about an hour in the fridge.
Take a plate for each coating and put the coatings on different plates. Get a teaspoon of chocolate mixture and roll this into a ball and roll through one of the coatings. You want to do the coconut ones frist because the sprinkles do give off their coloring a bit. Repeat until you used all of the chocolate mixture. Put them back in the fridge and keep them there until about 10 minutes before serving. If they are left out of the fridge for too long they will melt because it is white chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment