Friday, February 7, 2014

Very Veggie: Mediterranean Vegetable Pitas

For the foodblogswap from last month I got to cook from Ona Pona's Keukenavonturen. I already picked an extra recipe because I couldn't choose and when I was looking for a quick and easy recipe, I ended up there yet again. I love stuffed pitas as an easy meal, and I like to try new variations. This recipe goes under various categories. The recipe is quick, easy, full of veggies and vegan because I replaced the chicken for tofu. It would also be great as a lunch recipe, which we did with the leftovers the next day :)


Mediterranean Vegetable Pitas (serves 4)
- 8 pitas (most are vegan, but read the package)
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 250 gr mushrooms, sliced
- 2 fleshy tomatoes, cubed
- 200 gr smoked tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp passata
- 1 tsp Italian herbs

Heat oil in a pan and bake onion and garlic first, for a few minutes. Then add tofu, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and bake until the veggies are softened. Add tomatoes, passata and herbs and let it simmer for a few minutes. Prepare the pitas in the oven or on a toaster and stuff them with the vegetable mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment