Friday, March 21, 2014

Book Review: I Love Groente by Janneke Vreugdenhil

It had been a while since I wrote a book review. And for most books I borrow from the library, I don't write reviews anymore. Mostly I just place a recipe or 2, and make some short remarks. But I was so enthusiastic about this book, that I will review it. The book is only in Dutch as far as I know.

Title: I <3 Groente
Author: Janneke Vreugdenhil
Publisher: Nieuw Amsterdam
Release date: October, 2013
Length: 144 pages
I got this book: borrowed it from the library

I <3 Groente (I love vegetables), is a small book full of vegetarian and vegan recipes. The book is not split up by course but by veggie type. Like: I <3 pumpkin and I <3 cabbage and co. That way you can find easy what you are looking for. The recipes are mostly for 2. This would be ideal for a family like ours, were it not that we mostly cook for two days. But finally a good book for a family of 2! The recipes are mostly very easy and quick to make. They don't require a lot of work, but are still very original. There were a lot of dishes I never heard of, and I have cooked from a fair deal of vegetarian cookbooks.
This book is suitable for vegetarians and vegans, because a lot of the recipes are vegan or easily adaptable. The book is in a small format, but still has full color pictures with a lot of the recipes. This has to be the best vegetarian cookbook I encountered in a long time and I will buy it for sure.

Recipes I tried are: Pumpkin Curry Masala and Kabak Mucver (I tried a lot more but didn't blog them all, of course)
Recipes I still want to make include: courgette-ginger cake, Pumpkin rosti, Succotash, and corn curry.

Buy it at Bol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment