Monday, May 26, 2014

Foodblogswap: Cherry Cupcakes

It is time for another foodblogswap! I always love this event! So originally I decided to cook a recipe from an assigned blog this time rather than bake because that seems to be my go to choice lately. But I got assigned a baking blog, so fate decided differently. I got to make something for the blog Bakverhalen, a baking blog with a lot of different yummy recipes.

Making the recipe was a bit complicated this time ;) I had set my mind on cherry cupcakes, because I love cherries and I don't make enough cherry related things. So this was a nice chance to change that. However, on the blog a  basic recipe for cupcakes was mentioned, but I couldn't find it. Luckily I was able to ask on twitter and I was able to acquire the recipe for basic cupcakes that I needed :)

Sadly the buttercream failed on me. I am not really a decorator so that is always a challenge, but this time the cream failed, it was too thick. This is our fault, because originally the cream was made with cherry liquor. But a bottle of cherry liquor was 15 euro and I found that too expensive so I tried so add the same jam as I used in the cakes, but that didn't work out. I looked around for cherry juice, but they didn't have that. Because the combination of butter and cherry jam didn't really taste good together, I stopped trying ;) But the cupcakes were still good without the cream, so here is the recipe:


Cherry Cupcakes (makes 12)
- 125 gr butter, on room temperature
- 125 gr sugar (I found them a bit on the sweet side, so maybe a little less next time)
- 125 gr self rising flour
- 2 eggs, on room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cherry jam

Pre heat the oven on 170 degrees and place some paper muffins shapes into your muffin tin. Mox butter and sugar until creamy. Then add the eggs one by one, making sure to mix well in between. Then add the flour and milk and mix everything until you have a smooth batter. Lastly add the cherry jam and stir through, do not mix anymore at this point. Scoop the batter in the tin and bake for 20 minutes.
I think next to butter cream, some whipped cream on top would also taste great :)



No comments:

Post a Comment