Monday, June 23, 2014

FoodBlogSwap: Carrot Pancakes

I am always happy when it is time to post the monthly Foodblogswap again :) This time I cooked from Foodie Marjan, a blog that focusses on clean food! This is right up my alley and it was fun to browse her blog looking for a recipe to make. I wanted to make something with spelt flour for a while now. I never tried it before, but when I found a pancake recipe that used spelt flour, I knew that I wanted to try them. Marjan also added a couple of super foods to her recipe, but I don't focus on using them on purpose, so I don't have much of it laying around. I just made the basic version and only added turmeric because I had that in the pantry. Because the pancakes are sugar free, they really do need the maple syrup. On their own, I missed the touch of sweetness, but with the maple syrup, they are very delicious!


Carrot Pancakes: (makes about 9)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp spelt flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Maple syrup

Toss everything in the food processor until you have a thick batter. (more like fritters, not as thin as regular pancake batter). Bake them in a hot pan, about a 2 tbsp per pancake.
Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment