Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fabulous Fish: Salmon Teriyaki

This just has to be my favorite way to eat salmon! I LOVE this combination of flavours.
Sadly I hardly get to make it, because Nick doesn't like salmon at all. So I invited my best friend Mark over (his GF doesn't like salmon either) and we made this together on a Sunday evening. The original recipe is from Francesca Kookt. I love her version because it doesn't require the quite expensive mirin, which I wouldn't use much. So I am happy with this version!


Salmon Teriyaki (Serves 4)
- 250 ml water
- 75 ml soy sauce
- 0.5 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 4 salmon filets
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 250 gr noodles
- 200 gr sugar snaps
(next time I would add some mushrooms too!)
- some oil for baking

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Roast the sesame seeds.
In a small pan mix 200 ml water, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey and brown sugar. Mix will and bring to a boil. mix corn flour with 50 ml water until there are no lumps, and stir gently through the teriyaki sauce while it started to boil. Let it simmer until the sauce thickened somewhat. Remove from heat.

Place about 1/3 of the sauce in an oven dish. Lay salmon on top. Add another 1/3 of the sauce on top and ladle some on top of the salmon with a spoon. Place in oven and leave it for about 18-20 minutes. Pauze the oven about 3 times to ladle more sauce from the dish on the salmon. This makes it sticky.

Meanwhile cook the noodles and stir fry sugar snaps (and other veggies). Drain noodles and place them back in the pan. Combining with the veggies and the last 1/3 of the sauce. Divide noodles on deep plates and place the salmon and more of that sticky sauce on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment