Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer Special: Cauliflower and Pea Salad

While yesterday I was wearing a sweater because it was cold and rainy, today it is tropical again. A perfect day not to spend too much time in the kitchen and prepare a light salad for dinner. As I told before I am not very much into leafy salads but I grow to enjoy salads with other veggies as a main ingredient. I was looking for a cauliflower recipe, because it was on sale when I saw this cauliflower and pea salad from Lekker en Simpel. I really like the texture and taste of this salad and we will surely make this again! Because my boyfriend doesn't like mustard, we left that out.


Cauliflower and Pea Salad (serves 2)
- 2 eggs
- 200 gr cauliflower
- 100 gr peas
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- salt & pepper

Boil the eggs and steam the cauliflower. Cut both into bite size pieces. Cut the spring onion, and bake shortly if desired. I don't like raw onion, so I always do this. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and taste. Adjust the seasoning if needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment