Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer Special: Pasta Salad with Lemon Tuna

It is tropical here this week. So it is the perfect time to share another salad with you. This is one of my lunch salads that I am making to get enough fish in for my vitamin D shortage. I notice that I finally am eating more salads in the summer while until this year I wasn't a salad person at all! But I know now what I like and dislike in salads, so making them gets easier. This salad is very loosely based on one from Koken with Karin. She also uses capers and olives in the recipe. I tried the capers, but it isn't really my thing and olives I have disliked as long as I can remember. So I added some fresh peas instead :) The salad has some rocket as well, but I add that just before eating and I somehow only have a picture from before I added it. The reason I do this is because I make this kind of salads usually for 2 days.


Pasta Salad with Lemon Tuna (serves 2)
- 175 gr pasta (a small variety works best, I used mini penne)
- 1 can of tuna
- 125 gr cherry tomatoes
- about half a lemon
- couple of handful of peas
- some fresh parsley
- 50 ml olive oil extra vergine
- handful of rocket leaves
- salt & pepper

Boil the pasta. Grate and squeeze half a lemon. Add olive oil, some salt & pepper and whisk it together for a nice dressing. Add canned tuna, and mash with a fork. Chop the parsley, half the cherry tomatoes. Toss that in the dressing together with the peas. Leave it to rest for a bit so the flavours can develop.
Drain the pasta and toss it in while it is still warm. If you want a cold salad, leave it to cool all together.
Add the rocket leaves just before eating.

Also nice with some green beans. Add those together with the pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment