Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fabulous Fish: Couscous Salad with Salmon

School has started again and even though I only have lessons once a month, I love to take something with me other than sandwiches. Mostly because these just don't keep me fuelled enough during the day. And secondly because I find sandwiches for lunch everyday a bit boring. So the last time I went to school I took this couscous salad with me. We prepared it the night before and it kept for 2 days after. I would recommend making this a night in advance so the flavours can develop. The original recipe is from the bestest recipes online.


Couscous Salad with Salmon (serves 2)
- 1 salmon fillet
- a couple of cherry tomatoes, quartered (which we forgot)
- 100 gr couscous
- 150 ml vegetable broth
- couple of mushrooms, sliced
- halve a cucumber, quarter slices
- handful of spinach
- juice of half a lemon
- option: some feta would be great in this salad

Add the hot vegetable broth to the couscous. Stir for 2 minutes. Then cover the couscous and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Grill the salmon and flake into pieces. Bake the mushrooms shortly. We also warmed the spinach a couple of minutes in the microwave because we had frozen spinach this time. If using fresh, toss it in with the mushrooms last minute to let it slink. Toss all the ingredients in a container and mix well together.




No comments:

Post a Comment