Friday, January 16, 2015

So Sweet: Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Another recipe from my Christmas and New Years baking backlog. I know most people are all into eating healthy at the moment because most people always do in January. But I am not one of them and I just keep eating my treats every now and then. These cookies have become one of my favourites! I just love the gooeyness of these cookies and the flavour is just the right kind of chocolate. The original recipe is from 24 Kitchen. I only adapted it slightly. They do spread out quite a bit, as you can see on the picture.


Chocolate Crinkle Cookies: (makes 20)
- 100 gr dark chocolate
- 100 gr milk chocolate
- 30 gr butter
- 250 gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120 gr flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 25 gr cocoa powder
- 100 gr powdered sugar

Melt a quarter of both chocolates au bain marie and chop the rest of the chocolate. Mix sugar and butter together, then add the eggs. Mix flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder through the mixture. The stir in the chopped chocolate and lastly add the melted chocolate and stir until everything is mixed through. Leave the batter to rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line your baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.  Roll balls about the size of a ping pong ball. Roll them trough the powdered sugar, flatten them a bit and lay them on the parchment paper. Bake them for about 17 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment