Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Lunch with Leftovers: Rice Salad with Strawberries

This is the last salad for now. I have to think up what I will publish from my backlog next. But today there is one more salad that I made. I used all kinds of leftovers I had in my fridge. The only think that I bought new were the strawberries. This recipe is great to use up some leftover rice from the day before.


Rice Salad with Strawberries: (serves 2)
- about 1 cup basmati rice
- some feta
- about 1/3 of a cucumber
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- about 10 small strawberries
- mayonnaise
- fresh basil

Cook the rice if you haven't got any leftovers. Let it cool down for about 10 minutes.
Cut the cucumber into cubes, the strawberries into slices and the cherry tomatoes in half. Add in a bowl with the rice.
In a small bowl, place a heaping tbsp of mayonnaise. Thin it with a tiny bit of water. The mayonnaise will shift in the beginning but keep stirring. Then chop some basil and add this to the dressing. Stir the dressing through the rice. and crumble some feta into the salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment