Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer Special: Mexican Bean Salad

This has got to be my favorite from the salad recipes that I tried in the past weeks. I think this could be easily a new summer favorite for the super hot days, because you don't have to spend time behind the stove at all. The original recipe is from Oh My Foodness. I left out the raw red onions, but otherwise I didn't change that much. The lime juice makes it extra refreshing.


Mexican Bean Salad: (serves 2)
- 3 kinds of beans, 400 gr in total (I used mixed beans from HAK which had white beans, kidney beans and brown beans)
- 100 gr corn
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- black pepper
- lime juice

Place corn and beans together in a colander. Rinse and drain the veggies until the water is clear. Make sure that as much from the fluids are drained as possible. Cube the tomatoes and avocado. Place everything together in a bowl and mix. Add some sour cream with lime juice and a dash of black pepper and stir through the salad.
In a deep plate, place the tortilla chips on the edges and lay the salad on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment