Monday, August 24, 2015

FoodBlogSwap: Pancake Slices

For the foodblogswap from August I cooked from Koekies Enzo. While browsing the recipe index I saw an interesting recipe for a kind of pancake cake out of the oven. But that sounds a bit weird in English ;) So I translated them to pancake slices. Originally it is a breakfast recipe but I don't like to eat this much in the morning, so we made it for lunch instead. I found it the best on the same day. They next day I thought it was a bit dry. I stayed close to the original recipe but replaced the bacon with a vegetarian version. I think all kinds of variations are possible, like with real pancakes. I would like to try a variation with cheese or strawberries some time :)


Pancake Slices (Makes 1 cake)
- 225 gr spelt flour
- 300 ml milk
- 30 gr of melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 gr vegetarian bacon
- pinch of salt

Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees. Bake the faux bacon in a pan for a bit until crispy. Leave them an a piece of kitchen towel to add to the batter later. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl. Mix milk, eggs and melted butter in another bowl. Add all the wet ingredients and 1/3 of the faux bacon to the dry ingredients and mix well.

Line an oven dish with parchment paper and place some faux bacon on the bottom. Add the batter and lastly scoop the rest of the vegetarian bacon on top. Place the dish in the oven for about 30 minutes. The pancake slices are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
Leave the cake to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment