Thursday, November 26, 2015

FoodBlogSwap: Low Carb Spinach and Ricotta Muffins

Kleurrijk Eten is a blog that focusses on low carb recipes. Even though my blog don't focus on it, I am trying to eat less carbs. And especially less bread. So when I found this easy recipe for low carb spinach and ricotta muffins I knew I wanted to try those. And I am glad I did! I love the taste of these muffins, and even though they taste best warm, you cab also eat them cold. The original recipe said it would be for 12 muffins, but we got 20 muffins from this recipe. We served them with African Peanut Soup and that made a really tasty meal together. Next time some sun dried tomatoes might also taste good with these muffins.


Low Carb Spinach and Ricotta Muffins: (makes 20)
- 400 gr ricotta cheese
- 150 gr spinach
- 100 gr feta
- 50 gr parmazan cheese, grated
- 8 eggs
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika powder

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Bake the spinach in the oil and leave it to drain in a colander. Make sure the spinach is well drained.
Mix the 3 cheeses together. Beat the eggs and mix in the 3 cheeses and spinach. Also add the spring onions and spices to the batter. Grease your muffin tin. This isn't needed with you use a silicone mold like I do. Bake the muffins for about 20-35 minutes. Start to check your muffins at 20 minutes. This really depends on your oven. Ours took even 40. They are done when they are risen and nicely golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment