Monday, December 28, 2015

Baking Love: Nougat Cake

This is the last baking recipe I will share this year. I  have more in my backlog, but I guess those will have to wait until February or so ;) I choose to post this as a recipe for New year's eve because I find there is something festive about nougat. I made this cake in June myself on the last school day of the year. We always close the year with presentations of our art and that is always a small party. My classmates really liked this cake so I know this cake is a crowd pleaser. The recipe comes from Onze Franse Keuken.


Nougat Cake:
- 3 eggs
- 170 gr sugar
- 165 gr self rising flour
- 170 gr butter, melted
- 1 vanilla pod
- 75 gr nougat

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a cake tray with parchment paper. Mix the eggs with the sugar until you have a light yellow mixture. This takes about 5 minutes. Add the melted butter. Then add the flour and mix until you have a creamy batter. Scrape the vanilla out of the pod and add this as well. With scissors, cut the nougat into small pieces and stir through the batter. Pour the batter in the cake tray and bake it for about 40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment