Wednesday, January 27, 2016

FoodBlogSwap: Avocado Spread

For the Foodblogswap of this month, Taste our Joy was the blog that we got assigned to cook from. They are two good friends, who share their passion for food and started a blog together. I always browse the recipe index and make a selection of recipes that seems tasty to make. From the five recipes I choose, three were spreads. It is not like they only have spreads on the blog, but I guess I was looking for a fairly healthy snack option and this was the outcome. I also had my eye on a mackerel spread and a sundried tomato egg salad. But because the avocados were on sale I picked that one to make. I just love avocados! We served it on a small Turkish bread as an evening snack on a Saturday. It is an easy recipe to make, maybe even too easy for a foodblogswap. But we enjoyed the spread and we will surely be making this again. I can also recommend making this for lunch.


Avocado Spread
– 2 avocados
– 1 clove of garlic
– pepper
– fresh parsley
– Italian herbs
– juice of half a lemon

Mince the garlic in a food processor. Add the avocado in pieces and the lemon juice and make a spread out of it. Add the other herbs to taste and pulse some more so the herbs get divided evenly. With this spread it is important to taste and adjust the seasoning until you think it is good.




No comments:

Post a Comment