Sunday, February 14, 2016

Bento for week 6

This week has been pretty okay. Now that Nick is healthy again and I am getting used to the schedule things go more smoothly. Monday is still mostly our day to cook for the rest of the week, and last week we baked muffins. Some for this week but I also put some in the freezer to use in future weeks. I didn't have much of a bento stash anymore so I am working on that.


In the first and 2nd bento of the week there are some spinach and ricotta muffins and spaghetti with vegan sauce, that I shared earlier this week. In the lid are the last of the green tea panda cookies I had.


The Thursday bento often is the odd one out. There is curry madras with rice and some sandwiches with curried chicken salad. Nick doesn't often have meat in his bent. But I had tuna salad for myself and he doesn't like that.

I will share the recipe for the ricotta spinach muffins with this post. The next time I will not use the cupcake liners because the muffins stick to them greatly which is a real shame.


Ricotta Spinach Muffins: (makes 16)
- 400 gr cottage cheese (huttenkase)
- 300 gr spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 250 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 450 gr flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- some dates, chopped (sun dried tomatoes would also taste good)

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Cut the spinach finely. But when using frozen just squeeze out as many fluids as you can. Mix spinach, cottage cheese, eggs, milk and dates. Mix everything together. Then sift and add the flour and baking powder and scoop this through. Place the batter into the muffin pan. Bake them for about 20-25 minutes in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment